View Single Post
      02-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #82
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Did you know that Formula 1 cars use leaf springs?

"Decent road manners"? The ignorance is strong with this one. Any vette will easily outhandle any car made by BMW.

This is the one problem I have with BMW boards, too much of this kinda crap.
Read it again and this time try and comprehend the words. No pro-BMW speak in there anywhere (I wouldn't have a 335i either). By decent road manners (vette) I mean it's quite compliant for general road use. That was a compliment in the fact it can be both docile and a terror. Not many cars can pull that one off.

Be careful throwing around words like ignorance. You just may run into someone one day in the flesh without the LCD screen to hide behind. But that's to be expected from the 1er crowd as per how unfriendly your website is to each other let alone any "outsider." Entry level car...entry level humans I guess.

BTW, leaf springs in F1. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ever heard of a wishbone suspension with T bars, dampers, and coil springs? My god! Go back to entry-level land...please and thank you.

And for what it's worth, the vette with those massive tires has a lot to do with its lateral grip. I'm not knocking the vette. I'm not a vette kinda guy, but I appreciate it for what it is.