View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1151
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

The Germans are clueless about what car the general public really want... so they apply the same old recipe, power and more power that nobody can fully exploit outside a racing track. Then what they do?! They have all figured out... of course, they make sure that the computer sorts it all out for you.

On the other hand, the Japaneses are too committed to the electric car solution while at the same time they want to stop their nuclear energy program which is a contradiction in terms. Let's be realistic here... by the current technology standards the electric car is NOT the answer, and probably will never be, to the Carbon footprint without SAFE nuclear energy.

So, these bring us back to the Volkswagen Bluesport... the ALMOST perfect roadster! And I say ALMOST, because in order to be perfect it just misses the only available boxer diesel engine on the market today :

Why Volkswagen didn't give it green light is completely beyond my comprehension, but it was and it still is a HUGE mistake! I would have bought one without a blink of the eye... what about you?!
Appreciate 0