01-17-2024, 10:33 AM   #45
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32christian View Post
jmanB45 alohasurftoad
the creaking noise went away fortunately. i just have a question about dampening with the coilovers. originally they were set really stiff i lowered them all to 16 which is right in the mid point because there is 32 levels of the dampening. the ride is definitely noticeably softer but i dont know if i should stiffen it a little bit due to how low i am in the rear i dont want to be bottoming out. i just dont have the correct tools and equipment to take my rear wheels off everytime i want to adjust the dampening in the rear i have to drive to my mechanic. should i stick with it like this i haven’t noticed any bottoming out but i would like it to be slightly stiffer would there be a negative to just stiffing the front? or
the coilover should not bottom out regardless of how soft it is. if it does, then it is poorly designed.

since the rear has an appearance of sagging or like there is a lot of weight in the trunk, you need to raise the rear coilover height, if there is still height adjustment.

you could lower the front to match, however as stated in previous posts, you increase failure risk on the x-drive half shafts.
Appreciate 1
jmanB45154.50