View Single Post
      09-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #90
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Biggest difference is probably that I'm using a wheel instead of a controller - or should I say "was" since it bit the dust tonight during the McLaren invitational (F1 vs SLR). Something went 'snap' and now the wheel floats around the central axis - still won the race, though. Time to replace it - but it has been like 3 years, so it served its purpose. Was thinking about the Fanatec wheel, but don't really want to dump 250 on a wheel I might get in 6-8 weeks when I can get a MS one tomorrow for 100 - and I have the MS base permanently mounted to the racing chair anyway, so I can reuse that.

For the settings - I also TCS (low) and ABS (high) on. I have to admit, I have not seen ANY of the crazy oversteer handling that everyone else says they get on the M3, for instance. Maybe that's also due to the wheel, and having better control over throttle with the pedals? I do have the steering dead zone set up at 5% too, so maybe that's helping.

Last edited by taliesen; 09-23-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: forgot a not . . . . changed the meaning entirely!
Appreciate 0