01-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #23
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
You have been listening to Hillarys camp a little too much... Our economy is fine we have not had a decline in GDP yet, we have not met the definition of an economic downturn aka recession. Employment is economically speaking full right now, yes growth has slowed a little but it still has not hit negative numbers.

Right nows a great time to invest or buy a house if you have the money, you are getting that great 10% discount which will continue to grow in some parts of the market such as housing. Right now I am about to buy a house and I figure I can get a 15% discount but I am waiting till mid Feb for a 20% discount. As for investments I have some cash waiting to go in once it hits my buy price which in most cases is 10% bellow current value.. Buy low today and hold and you will be very well off in 5 years++++, investing in the short term is never a great option and can be likened to gambling.

As for the US $$ yes its weak but weak because of speculation and this only help the US in regards to exports, we are not exporting more thus attracting more investment which will bring our USD back, if things turn out like Hillarys camp says then the entire world will drop into a depression and we will all die from global warming.
Our economy is NOT fine. We are staying afloat by borrowing money from China and printing money out of thin air. The economy will collapse at sometime if these trends continue. The FED is obviously concerned as they have cut interest rates twice in a 9 day period which is RARE. Unfortunately, these are artificially low interest rates which is where our problem begins. You can only lower interest rates by increasing the money supply which leads to inflation and a further devaluing of the dollar. This cycle of borrowing money from Asia, artificially lowering interest rates, and printing money is cleary a backwards monetary policy. The Federal Reserve System is a joke; your money is being stolen as the dollar continues to weaken. All paper currencies are vunerable to collapse, and our dollar is no exception.
Appreciate 0