View Single Post
      09-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
mahlerbeatdown
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
Glad I am not the only one who thinks Jet Black is actually a nice color, not that it's better than sapphire black but it is just as nice as any other paints. I sort of like it without the glitter that is present on SB. Like I said, it's very difficult to tell in person on a cloudy day (or partly cloudy like today) unless they have just been washed, otherwise any kind of dust particles on either one, they look a like with a slight variation to how dark they look, jet black looks like the true black while other is more sparkly black.
I am getting ready to place my X5 order, and if I can't decide in next couple of days I will end up going with jet black.
My next choice is dark graphite which looks like a royal gray, super dark gray, then space gray.
Mine is Jet Black, and when it's clean it probably stands out more than anything out there. Well maybe mine at least, because it's blacked out, shadowline, grills, tint, blacklines, etc. Anyways, the biggest problem.... cleaning it. Try not to touch the paint w/ towels. Seriously. Swirls everywhere. I will wash the car down with a power washer. I then foam it with a foam lance (look it up, it's awesome). I let it sit so the suds can breakup any stuck on dirt. I then rinse it again. If I see it's not clean enough, I'll foam it up again and slightly agitate the surface with a foam microfiber mitt. Spray it down once more and I then dry it with a master blaster blower, but some people use leaf blowers.
Appreciate 0