01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #57
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I love vettes, my dad currently has a 427 Z06 Convertible and it is a beauty.

The new C7 just has way too much going on, especially some negative aspects of the rear.

1) I don't know who on earth thought 4 exhaust tips in a row looks better than the spaced out grouping of 2+2, but it looks so stupid.

2) Why the EFF is the black diffuser so massive?!?! It should come up half as high as it does.

3) Tail light idea is cool but it is already on the camaro. So that was another dumb move I think. They should have had this new design saved for the next gen camaro, and tried some type of progression of what the C6 had in the rear.

This vette could have been a lot classier looking IMO. It looks like a clusterfuck honestly, and as someone posted earlier, Ferrari did it right aerodynamically AND aesthetically. The vette may have great aerodynamics, but it doesn't look clean.

In black it will be badass though, the vents will not be as pronounced and that massive diffuser will not be noticeable.

I'm of the near opposite opinion.

1) The packed exhaust tips look cleaner and more precise than the outgoing C6's odd packaging.

2) It's for a few reasons:
  • Design trends are dictating higher use of black contrast graphics to reduce visual mass, making the car look lighter and more "dynamic".
  • Dedicating such a large surface area to the diffuser gives them room to make aggressive 3D graphics (i.e. faux, or even real, diffuser fins and/or other various inserts), which we'll potentially see once the higher-po variants come to fruition.

3) Arguably the most polarizing styling choice on the new C7--the deviation from the typically round taillights--is upsetting a lot of people. I think they did this because they needed to keep the design homogenous, and some circular taillights might have looked okay, but they wouldn't fit as well with the car's chiseled sheetmetal. Their design is definitely contemporary, with depth and modern shaping. Whether or not they age well is another story.

I think the proportions and depth of shaping needs to be seen in person before people make finalized opinions.
Appreciate 0