View Single Post
      06-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #16
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Ok my whole life I've gone through stages.

In high school I did the super baggy down your asscrack jeans look. They were mostly $40 jeans which I thought were high at the time.

In college I bought levi's and a few other brand jeans because honestly I didn't know where i was in terms of my own style. Levi's are good quality jeans for the price but typically offer little in terms of style. I probably paid around $40 for these. I don't wear any of them anymore.

A couple years ago I started reading into style and learning a lot about clothing and how clothing should look on a person, or better yet how it should fit correctly. I pretty much replaced my whole wardrobe, I bought shirts that were tailored and fit, pants that were flat front and no cuff and threw out all the pleats, bought all new sweaters, sneakers, high end shoes, etc. Made a world of a difference. The same is true with my jeans.

I think jeans are overpriced as they are. With designer jeans you are paying for the name, paying for them being hand worked, and sometimes hand cut, and sometimes you are paying for the material. I didn't go the dry selvage jean route because they are too much work, but I did end up getting jeans that fit me exactly how I want them to and I ended up paying $100-160 for them. No regrets, I love how they look on me and since I rotate them frequently I hopefully won't wear them out anytime soon. I have yet to find cheap jeans that fit me how I want, when I do I will snatch them up quick.
Appreciate 0