View Single Post
      07-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #20
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Haha, I can't imagine living at home and having the money to drive a nice car like this. I'm 23, but have my own apartment and pay for everything on my own. The reason I have an apartment rather than a house, is because I'm trying to pay off some more loans first.

Sure, I could drive a beater and pay them off faster, or buy a house and pay them off slower, but I'm perfectly happy in an apartment (I honestly don't really want a house for myself yet), and this way I can have a nice car that I like (for the car itself, not in the slightest bit due to it's image as a BMW), and still pay more on loans.

I'm really surprised how many people on here do live with their parents. When I came back from school, my parents let me live with them for a little while to save up a little money, and I drove a $7000 97 Mustang GT while I did with payments of a whooping $150 a month. I also paid for my own insurance and everything, parents basically just let me stay rent free for a little while. I didn't buy any other nicer cars until I had moved out, and I'm even on my second job now.

The ambition to want to succeed NOW, is not bad, but expecting it is. There's a difference between self confidence and attacking the job field to move up as quickly as possible, and just acting like the world should give you everything.