cheerio
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E61 + E36 + E90 scrapheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
https://transmisevilla.com/wp-conten...ransmicion.pdf

Not sure if this will help or not. But look at page 171 of 455.

To get my 6HP19TU/21 to work with xHP, I need to find a vin of a car that shares that transmission with the N52 to the CAS/DME/TCU. Maybe you can get away with something similar with your car?
The only N52/8HP cars were the F01, F10, and F25, none of which are E series. I suppose I could try writing an F10 VIN and using xHP, but that’s beside the point.

Coming from outside the automotive world, there’s so many wonderful free open source software projects around, and it’s a shame that so much knowledge and tooling for these cars is kept behind closed doors. Even things as basic as ECU memory dumps are being sold. Many forums are full of people gatekeeping valuable information, seeking to privately dispense it out to one “customer” at a time, instead of making it openly available, where it could have great benefit to many. I’ve been able to teach myself so many skills, almost entirely owed to information and tools freely shared on the Internet, but pushing into automotive ECUs has been incredibly frustrating. I get that this is work for some, that there are costs involved in obtaining this information, and that it’s necessary to recoup these costs somehow. But this leads to a vicious cycle where producing anything new requires expensive investment, and to keep afloat, people then need to find a way to charge for the fruits of their labour. But for the small-time hobbyists and tinkerers, this places some great projects out of our reach.

I wasn’t involved at the time, but seeing how xHP came together, with community support and goodwill, and seeing how closed-off, proprietary and unfeeling it’s become… it’s disappointing, to say the least.

I don’t expect to change the world, but I want to make my work here freely available. If I’m to be paid, it should be for additional work I take on, not for being a glorified vending machine.

Rant over.

So, I want to at least try to get this working without the end result relying on xHP and expensive bench tools, because I want the outcome to be available for others to base further developments on. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it happen, but I’ll certainly try.
Appreciate 2
4 Doors1169.00