just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Insurance Question

So I got into an accident in December riding my bike home from school. I ended up getting plowed by a chick in a car and ended up faceplanting on the cement. Luckily I didn't have any broken bones or whatever but I did get stitches to my face and a bad ass scar right now.

Now the question right now is whether my insurance should pay for any of my medical bills. I was told by the other party's insurance that the bills should first go through my health insurance, and then after my health insurance paid the XXXX amount, I would send the bill to the other party's insurance. They would then give me the money to pay off the bill.

However, I was told by my auto agent that if it wasn't my fault, then the other party's insurance should face the entire bill and my health insurance should not have paid any of it. Basically if my insurance pays for it, my rates probably go up as well... thats the reasoning behind my question. Plus my account is a subaccount under my mom and she sure as hell doesn't want to pay more...

anyways any advice would be great.

Right now I have a few bills that need to be taken care of:
Hospital Bill, the Hospital Physician Bill, Clinic Suture removal, Damage to my bike--they said they'd pay for a new bike, but I got it repaired already but my gears are kinda janked up.

thanks!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0