View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #75
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Yes, Audi A3. Mind you not many auto interiors can stand up to Audi's interior aesthetic design, material choice and tactile feel.

Not sure what year this one is....

2014 Sport line interior....

I don't expect GM to flick a switch and make interiors on par with the best of the business. What gets me is they debut the all new corvette and the buttons are oversized, weird shaped and seem to be arbitrarily placed. But what puts me over the top is the turn signal stalks on the steering column. I swear that is the SAME fricking stalk that was on my girlfriends 1984 camaro and also makes appearances in 1992 camaro, chevy blazer, GMC pick ups, etc....

I mean really, you can't redesign a better looking, feeling, functioning turn signal stalk in 30 years?!?!?
That's nice but how about the cheap and heavy frames/chassis found on the $70k german pigs?

I guess an expensive Aluminum alloy chassis is out of question on a $75k M3.

First to 2nd shift near redline with the M3's MT is terrible.

Sorry, we're only discussing fit and finish not what's important on a sports car.

Back on topic. What's more hideous, the F30 & 1 series hideous side mirrors that look like dumbo's ears or the C7 turn signal stalk?
And what's up with the eighties style gear shifter found on 6spd M3's? The DCT's ones are nice though. For Pete's sake BMW can't redesign a short better lookin shifter in 20 something years?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0