02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
In many places there are stiffer penalties for assaulting a police officer. I see the signs on the train every day - and that's just for train conductors.

My wife asked me why they weren't putting it out and the first thing I said is that I don't think you'd find a fireman in the state willing to roll up to a house with an armed quadruple murderer in it with nothing more than a hose. It's a suicide mission.

The guy in Alabama that took the kid hostage was also shot and he didn't kill anyone.

You have a suspect who you know just shot two cops that day and a cop and two civilians a week earlier and is continuing to engage you in a gun battle and you want the cops to just sit outside until he feels like coming out? If he came to the window with a gun and is shooting at law enforcement, deadly force is then protocol. That deadly force came in the form of fire this time. Would a bullet have been more humane? I don't see where the outrage is here.
It's pretty amazing to me that out of all the 100's of police and/or SWAT vs. ONE man, we are the ones that can't get him using rules of engagement.

Also, how is it that he even lasted more than 10 minutes in a cabin set ablaze. The smoke alone should have took him out.

Just curious...
Appreciate 0