03-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
oh and to add to my critique... if you flipped the 335i in terms of position... i think it would look better if you were to choose that kinda route. the z4 does look better than the 335i because more contrast w/ the body color of car.
Gotchya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
if u wanted to stick with the first one, u could make it a bimmer instead, and have the background black.

or if u wanted to use the z4, i think a blue or sparkling graphite would be a better color for the car
Hmmm, blue z4... might be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I know you said simple, but adding something to distinguish you from other detailers may work. From what I gather, you do exceptional work, much better than other detailers.

Maybe a very short slogan?
I have a slogan on my site, added it to one of the cards. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Watch shadows on small text when printing, you might just end up with a blurry mess and make sure the printer is good if you do white on black printing because you may end up with creep on the text.
Good point. I nixed the shadows. They look good large, but small they just muddy it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce'06 330i View Post
I like the animated one because most of the high-end detailers, around here anyway, have a picture of a nice car on their business card... going that route may inadvertently blend you in rather than setting you apart.

Have you thought about hiring a local college kid (graphic arts/design) to design a custom card for you?

Also, don't understimate the power of color. You might take this opportunity to "own" a color, a color that could become instantly recognizable as GTA in Detail's color. You may never have the brand power of a Verizon (Red), IBM (Big Blue), Coke (Red), Pepsi (Blue and Red), Dell (Blue), H&R Block (Green), etc... but each of those is recognizable by their colors.

Just my $.02... Good luck!
That's why I always liked the animated one. FWIW, a local college kid did that for me. I've also always used the colors in that card (on my website, all my cards etc)... that's why I've stuck with it for so long. Choices, choices.

Two new revisions:

[img]http://****************/card1rev.jpg[/img]

[img]http://****************/card2rev.jpg[/img]

?
Appreciate 0