View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
I myself am one of those individuals coming out of a Porsche (GT3) to M3 ownership. I have yet to receive the M3 from my order, so I cant compare the two yet. I can say that my decision to jump to the M3 and not buy another Porsche was very simple, you don't need the "top car" to be the top dog and more importantly having the top car doesn't make you the top dog. There are too many people fixated on statistics of cars and convincing themselves that ownership of that caliber magically makes them a driving star. To me its really about the pleasure the car gives to you and not the satisfaction/ego of numbers and 0-60 times. Do I make sense?
100 percent my friend, this is the elusive quality that BMW cars generally claim they deliver - JOY. In BMW's own way and formulation, it is the Ultimate Driving Experience intended for consumers. They try and literally make the car deliver on an experience that's more than the-sum-of-its-parts, that's why none of us can say exactly what it is universally that defines the feeling of driving a M car...whatever it is, we all agree it's so special we never forget it and somehow find ourselves even comparing other exotics to it. People who return to the M cars just happen to "feel", as you do, that this certain formulation is the ideal definition of "driving pleasure" - it is beyond the numbers, and certainly past quantitative reasoning.

I'm not going to even respond to the FRS comment, what an idiotic thing to say - period.

Last edited by Class-of-2016; 01-11-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0