View Single Post
      02-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #66
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

I always believe that in life, it should always be a win-win situation. In the case of buying a car, i want to get what i want and be served decently. At the same time, i insist that the sales rep gets reasonably compensated for his/her efforts. I never put on airs or think mighty of myself just because i am a paying customer. Put yourself in the sales person's position...Today, i am on very good terms with my sales rep and would always pop by to say hello and have a quick chat whenever i pop-by for servicing and stuffs. Recently, when i popped by unannounced after servicing to inquire about the new X5, my sales rep was having coffee with another customer. I told him to ignore me and do his thing as i never made any appointment. I browse around, but turned down offers from the waiting receptionist to direct me to a sales person. When my sales rep was available, he came to me and we had a great chat and the car.

I feel it's always desirable to have a pleasant buying experience. The funny thing is that this is my 2nd sales rep as the first one was a jerk-off. He was downright rude and dismissive in normal conversations when i wanted to custom order my 135i. I promptly asked for a new sales rep. The bottom line is, i always start by being nice to people, but if they turn out otherwise, it's never too late to give them shit.
Appreciate 0