View Single Post
      11-27-2005, 01:43 AM   #38
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

MBZ vs BMW

been reading these threads for a while, just wanted to speak my mind real quick. Just playing devil's advocate here...

I think both BMW and MBZ make great cars. However, each has different taste. If i want a SPORTY/Luxury, i would definitely get an M3, Z4, Z8,650Ci. This is because i prefer sporty first, then luxury. If i want a LUXURY/sporty, i would get an AMG. I agree with you guys that BMW handles better- not just cus i own one. But BMZ also has its selling points. if i can afford it, i would drive an E or S class over a 3 series any day. Now would I choose it over a 5 series? If i can afford it i would buy both.I think ppl view BMZ as the ultimate status symbol, that's why so many buy them instead of BMW even though they dont look sporty.

I think it all depends on each person's taste. I actually want to own both a BMW and a MBZ, just cant afford it. Here's what i would choose let's leave the SLR out of this)
3 series over c-class any given day (unless- very reluctant here- it's a C55 AMG)
M3 over a C55 any given day.
E500 over 550
M5 over any MBZ (except for like SLs)
SL over 6 series
6 series over C, E, S, CL, CLK, SLK all that crap.
SLK over 3 series convertables
and the list goes on and on...
i guess what im tryin to say here is it all depends. I personally think that MB cars do look like they're for old ppl. But then again, if i could get an E or S class over a 3 series i would. And i agree with the member who said MBz are expensive. A 230 kompressor, 4 cylinder engine, costs about $35k. a 325i has an I6 and costs about the same. Moonroofs come standard on all bmws while they're optional on most MBz, if not all. ANd the freaking moonroof package is like $1600. ANd you're telling me it's not expensive?? I think MBz is a rip-off. I seriously dont know why ppl would buy a C240, 280 or even 350 over the 3 series. But when you move up to an E or S class, it's kinda nice; even if you have to pay a premium for it. Man i seriously dont know what im saying...kinda late and im getting sleepy...

sport/luxury- go with BMW
luxury wit a lil sportiness, go with MBz.

Man this is hard...it's the ultimate stand off. BOth makers have their selling points...
Appreciate 0