View Single Post
      11-07-2023, 07:33 PM   #1
Phoenixg
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Location: GTA / KW V2/Apex Arc 8 Wheels/ FBO/ Hawk HPS 5.0/Stainless Lines/ M-tech/ LCI/CIC

E92 N54 to G20 B58

Hi all,

Looking for advice. Ive owned my 2007 E92 335i (6mt) for about 6-7 years now. Got it at 70K, stock with replaced turbos/hpfp recall done from previous owner, with documentation, figured i'd be dumb to pass up the opportunity. Car was perfect until I decided to throw some mods on recently (which isnt the issue). Im okay with the occasional headache of things that may break etc, but for the most part, ive addressed the weaknesses and its been pretty good to me.

The other night I lined up with a M340i, and it proved superior. Ive been having thoughts about moving into the new platform but the lack of hydraulic steering is a big factor for me. I love the amount of feedback I get from my car, I know what is spinning, or what is losing grip from the steering wheel, its fantastic.

With that being said, I was looking for feedback from anyone that went from E9x generation into the G20 generation. Are you happy? Things you miss?

Im wondering if I want to keep my car and just purchase the G20, or just get rid of the e92 and let someone else enjoy it.

Ive put a lot of money and effort into it, pre-lci into lci, stripped interior to install all red w/ black headliner and CIC nav w/ individual audio etc.

Id really like to go single turbo but then I think to myself, is it worth it? The B58 platform is stout as well.

Anyways, looking for feedback from those who have gone towards the B58 platform.
Appreciate 0