View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 04:52 AM   #4
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Eibach Pro-kit springs, E10-20-031-05-22 with F80 bumpstops. provides just enough lowering to enhance appearance without risk of half axles on the front transfer case, while providing a comfortable ride, just 10% stiffer than OEM.

shorter, F80 bumpstops, are required so you don't engage the bumpstop earlier than necessary due to the slight lowering of the eibach springs.
bmw part 31-33-6-859-768, fronts
bmw part 31-33-7-847-662, rears

depending on age and mileage of your suspension, i suggest changing the strut mounts, spring perches/rubber bit/etc and one use bolts.

wiechers front strut tower brace

monoball upper & lower control arms vastly improve steering feel. VAC, Millway, Turner

you can do aftermarket sways, however since the subframe needs to be removed for access to the sways, a majority of the swaybar cost is labor.
Agree with the ARBs (sway bars); considered it on my F31 but the faff of having to remove all the subframe for access outweighed the actual benefits, for me personally anyways.

Shame really as the rear sway bar upgrade on my E39 touring to the M5 one made a good difference (however that's on SLS and that's where it needs firming up a touch)

Re bump stops; I've fitted B4S shocks with Eibach pro kit springs to my F31 and stuck with OEM bump stops as they really don't lower much at all over OEM M Sport ride height and just back from the Highlands with a very full car (there & back) and not once did the car come anywhere near to bottoming out (and the motorway and bypass to the Highlands is terrible in places with some serious undulations/potholes etc); so it gave the new suspension a really good shakedown...

However, this is a RWD car; not sure if the ride height is different on xDrive M Sport

Re the front strut tower brace; do you think they make a difference on the F3x cars?

I ran them a lot on previous Jap import Honda's to reduce the front flex, more so when lowered on coilovers; but the BMWs are much stiffer in that sense