captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
For transportation I recommend you get a MetroCard 7-day pass. That will give you unlimited subway and bus rides for 7 days. Cost: $27, reduced fare $13.50.

Central Park does not take a whole day. I only spent about two hours there including lunch. It's a short walk from there to the Met.

I got show tickets from the same day discount place in Times Square. We watched Phantom of the Opera and really enjoyed it.

I highly recommend staying in midtown if you can find a room and price that work for you. I stayed at the Roosevelt in the shittiest room ever in my life for $180/night, but the location was well worth it. I've heard good things about Holiday Inn by Times Square.

If you're on a budget and want to save, the Met and some other places are by donation, so you don't have to pay the full suggested donation. I was on a CityPass.

For restaurants I recommend the following:
Ruby Tuesday, Times Square (good steaks w/ salad bar)
Bubba Gump, Times Square
Olive Garden, Times Square
Joe's Shanghai Restaurant, Midtown, or Chinatown (Soup dumplings/buns)
Koreatown on 32nd Street, lots of Korean restaurants if you like that

These are just some of the more affordable and easy to find restaurants. I'll leave it to the New Yorkers to tell you what are the must-try foods.
Is this a joke? You left out two of NYCs finest dining establishments, McDonalds and Taco Bell. New York has some of the best restaurants in the world and to come here and eat at the Olive Garden is beyond ridiculous.

If you are looking for a pleasant Hotel that is reasonable and is located at Rockefeller Center check out Club Quarters on West 51st Street. There is also a Club Quarters on West 45th Street Near Times Square and Grand Central. I just checdked them out and for the dates you are looking for their rates were $239/night for 2 adults and 2 children.

There are Hertz and Avis outlets all over Manhattan.

CA

I live and work in Manhattan. Feel free to PM me.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-28-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0