View Single Post
      10-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Standing by for the start of Game 3 . . .

Interesting lineup change for the Royals. Aoki replaced by Cain in RF and Dyson goes to CF. Gordon batting 2nd in place of Aoki. Dyson batting 8th.

Yost is obviously concerned about Aoki being able to handle RF at ATT by making these changes. Aoki hasn't looked good fielding in the 1st 2 games in RF in his home park in KC. But, pulling Aoki for Dyson definitely gives up some hitting.

Dyson normally comes in to replace Aoki in CF late in a game, usually as a pitch runner. Dyson doesn't hit as well as Aoki but neither of them has been hitting well during the post-season.

Aoki's post season BA is .206 and Dyson's is ZERO (0 for 7). Gordon isn't better than Aoki either at .176. Gordon is definitely in a slump -- going 0 for 16 in the last 5 post season games against the Orioles (3) and Giants (2). Guess, Yost is just hoping that Gordon will come out of his slump soon.

Put this together w/the fact that the Royals pitchers have to hit and can only use Butler ONCE to PH for a pitcher, because there's no DH, and the edge in hitting in this game goes to the Giants.

So, if the Giants can score off of Guthrie and if Hudson can hold a lead going into the 7th, that will keep the Royals' game closers -- Herrera, Davis & Holland -- out of the game and negate the Royals' edge in the bullpen, which should result in a Giants win.

BTW, interesting factoid from Game 2, ALL of the Giants in the starting lineup each had a ONE hit during the game. Only problem was that, except for Blanco's HR in the 1st and Belt's & Pablo's doubles in the 4th -- all of the other hits did not combine to generate any additional runs.