12-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

I love my Apple stuff (my iPad, my iPhone, my Apple TV), I just don't see the logic behind buying a $2k computer for websurfing and e-mail.

If you build one, you can easily upgrade as needed. I am all for prepping for the future, which is why I built my PC to last a while, but there's a difference between "future proofing" and just going way overboard. If all you ever do is web surf and check e-mail, I can't think of a time you will EVER need 16GB of RAM. 8 GB would be the max, to include some future proofing.

The only "issue" I ever had with my PC was when I attempted to overclock the processor. I was fidgeting with the numbers and couldn't get them to the right, stable numbers to run efficiently. All I had to do was set them back to default values. Voila...

Viruses are almost always user error, so I'm not going to go down that route...
Very true about 16gb ram.

Viruses are user error, which is why i would have a mac for kids. Thinking of switching employees to macs for that reason as well.