E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean335i View Post
In other words, the rule implies that if the accelerator is pressed at 100% power delivery must be at 100%. What Red Bull is doing is giving it a 80%- 50% on the lower revs as the car exits the corner acting as traction control . Finally these cheaters are being dealt with. They should've had a 3 race ban IMO.
Thanks for the clarification. But I do not think race ban is justified.
Given the words of the regulation, Red Bull did not violate any of it; and FIA cannot pose penalties just because of the "spirit of the rule".

I think again RBR has been quite slick on these stuff, F1 has been exploring loop holes in the regulation to maximize the performance to their advantage. Sadly the words of the regulation only restricts the "maximum" torque setting. As long as the torque ratio between pedal and the power delivery is 100% when the driver floor the pedal. They satisfy the regulation. Any bit lower is not governed.

I'm sure this will be clarified and amended during this week's Technical Working Group meeting.

But one thing to point out, does anyone agree the FIA should amend the rule "mid-season"? Or they should rephrase the regulation after the 2012 season is over.

As long as the FIA doesn't make it like a confusing drama like last year's British Grand Prix. Changing regulation after P3 or Qualifying session on Saturday. Then revert the decision back on Sunday morning.
Appreciate 0