09-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #85
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
You are correct on oil production and natural gas production falling on federal lands. But your context is wrong. Oil production of federal oil production dropped, which was a much larger slice of total us oil production than private production was of us production. And effectively gulf oil production was ceased which isn't included.
Again, that Forbes article completely contradicts that:

http://energycommerce.house.gov/site...eral-areas.pdf

Page 5 shows that total US production has increased from 5.2M barrels per day in 2009 to 7.2M barrels per day in 2013 and there were marginal increases every year between 2009 and 2013. The table shows that the decrease in Federal land production was more than offset by the increase in privately owned land production increases.

Quote:
Again, I challenge you to explain why then if oil prices were relatively stable for 30 years why at precisely when Obama took office did they double and remain so since? Did every Chinese and Indian buy a 2008 model car? Was there a sudden upswing doubling in permanent world oil use that year? Was that the year everyone decided terrorism was a threat to oil production? Are speculators still speculating? And I don't see any stock 335i s going 4.0 sec quarters either. Maybe with heavy mods and tunes.
That is quite a challenge considering that claim is also false:

Eight year snapshot:

That sharp rise in 2008 followed by the sharp fall is the aforementioned speculator bubble bursting that I mentioned for context.

By all means though, if it's all the same to you I'd like you to keep grasping at this misplaced view you have.

As for your last comment on 0-60 times, I never said they can do it in 4.0 seconds, I said that BMW estimates they can go 0-60 in 5.0 seconds, although actual timed runs show it does it around 4.5-4.7 seconds.

I like you, not often where you come across someone who is categorically wrong about virtually everything and who engages in such entertaining straw man tactics.

Last edited by fecurtis; 09-24-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0