fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Im sure its out there. Heres a start. Hard to do this stuff at 85 mph. Lol
As for going in circles I refuted your 3.8 number by saying I wasnot a production car tested and bmw's official 0-60 test was 4.5 seconds which sucks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrispra...federal-lands/
Lol you do realize those manufacturer times are just rough estimates right, they don't time 0-60 runs to publish them? Because, surely, no car critic or actual owner has NEVER been able to get consistently better 0-60 times than what the manufacturer estimates.

Hell, BMW estimates the 335i would do 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. We can all say, with confidence, that it's very easy to rip high 4 second 0-60 runs in these things. Continue back-peddling though, it is amusing what BS excuses to feed your misplaced bias.

As for your source and reading the original report, nothing in it supports your claim that he locked up 32% of the world's oil reserves. First of all, in context of the study and your Forbes article, Federal land is defined as being owned by the Federal government, non-Federal land is defined as being owned by state governments or by private entities within the United States.

So the article states the following:
Quote:
Oil production on federal lands actually fell 6 percent between 2009 and 2013.
And with regards to natural gas:
Quote:
Natural gas production on federal lands decreased by an astounding 28 percent from 2009 to 2013
However, if you read the entire context of the quip about oil production, you'll read (emphasis mine):
Quote:
According to the CRS report, oil production on federal lands actually fell 6 percent between 2009 and 2013. Over the same period of time, oil production increased by an astounding 61 percent on state and private lands. The decrease in federal production is not insubstantial but requires context in the form of state and private production numbers. As a result of these massive gains, crude oil production on state and private lands has risen by 2.1 million barrels per day. That increase alone is more than Algeria, Libya, Qatar, and Norway produce– all countries with storied oil reputations – and explains why the U.S. is on track to be the world’s largest oil producer.
And with natural gas production (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Natural gas production on federal lands decreased by an astounding 28 percent from 2009 to 2013 while natural gas production on non-federal lands increased by 33 percent from 2009 to 2013.
NOTHING in that article indicates that Obama "shut down" 32% of the world's oil reserves. The only thing that article and study quantifies is how oil and natural gas production on Federal land has decreased but is offset by production on privately owned land within the US. Unfortunate for those states with a ton of oil sitting on Federal land but nothing in there substantiates your claim that the current administration has shut off 32% of the world's oil reserves nor does any of it indicate any inclination that these actions have lead to an increase in gas prices, the article and accompanying study would suggest actually the opposite.

So I'll ask again, where did you get the notion that:
Quote:
Obama closed the federal lands he locked up 32% of the world's WORLD'S oil reserves. When these reopen prices will drop dramatically which will also greatly impact the world economy too.
The source and study you posted actually contradict what you're ultimately claiming. Guess they didn't teach you 3rd grade reading comprehension skills while getting your alleged Ivy League education. While it's true that gas production on Federal land has decreased (oil only 6%, so no where close to the magical 33% number you're floating around), it was more than offset by increases in production on privately owned land within the United States. Thus resulting, in aggregate, in an increase in production.

International F30 Bimmerpost members, please know that not all of us Americans are this brain dead.

Last edited by fecurtis; 09-24-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0