11-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #831
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
I'm thinking 600-800cc sport/touring bike, acting as DD/corner carver, and I'm leaving my E90M3 for the tracking. The F800 GT/rninet both seem pretty appealing. I'm not looking for crazy power on my first bike, as I don't want to kill myself.

I'm not really looking forward to the F80 M3 as much as I was before, so I'm looking at a bike since I don't need any practicality. It'll be just a cruiser/corner carver in one.

I wonder if I should get a less powerful sport bike...600-800cc. Or go for a touring bike...
If you are looking for a less powerful sport bike, Ninja 650 or a Yami FZ6. I love the comfort of the riding position on my 650. My previous bike was a ZX10, and it was more of a hunched ride, and sucked for long rides. The 650 allows me to sit in a normal position having raised bars that aren't tucked under the windscreen. It is also peppy enough to have fun no matter what road I am on, enough power to pop the front wheel up, and its very well mannered and balanced.

I test rode an FZ6 and I would say it was very comparable to my 650, I just preferred the looks of the 650 so that's why I went with it. I am trying to sell it because I don't ride as much, but I would suggest it for someone wanting a first "sport bike", I tend to think of it more as a crossover between a touring, really.
Appreciate 0