10-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #61
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I'm not going into the iphone/android thing (I use iPhone, super simple to use and never lets me down)... but will comment about the Surface Go. If you're not running heavy applications, you will love it. Get the 128GB/8GB ram model. The NVME SSD speed is super fast at loading programs. Edge browser is super smooth and slick on Surface. Only let down is the screen resolution is not very high.

I updated from a Surface 3 and it's a big difference. The eMMC drive and atom processor in the Surface 3 is much slower. But the beauty of Windows is that it'll let you run anything even if your experience may be terrible. I've done video editing on the Surface 3 before in a pinch and tried to run games that I knew would not run well but did it just for the heck of it.

The Go is a good device, great for light computing and can run anything in a pinch. For more heavy applications and games, I just use my desktop PC.
I have a Surface Book 2 I use for business so this is essentially for surfing at home, using on a plane, as an Ereader ... the Android experience on a tablet is just not great. I've had several Surfaces along the way and have loved almost all of them. They've just never had one in the smaller form factor before.
Appreciate 0