05-04-2023, 08:14 PM   #41
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
Thank you for all of the advice. I usually lift weights around 50 minutes a day 5 days a week, pre diet anyway. Just do it for health not to set any kind of strength/size records. I’m 37, feeling the effects of age, having to do physical therapy for various pains. Test levels have crashed in the past 2 months, I think corresponding with low calorie diet and inactivity, observed strictly through reduction in sex drive, but sure it’ll stabilise, along with general energy level, once diet and activity normalise. 2 weeks left.
Oh alright so you’re already doing something physical, nice!? I’ve seen guys just mosey around the gym and lift weights, not breaking a sweat, just there lifting. They then leave without breaking a sweat. So are you motivated in your workout or just going through the motions to check a box?

A solid workout at 37, considering that your test levels aren’t shot, should be enough to manage a caloric intake north of 1800 without gaining weight especially at 50mins. I’m definitely north of 2000 and on a deficit, my workout are about 45-hr 5 days a week. With that said I typically burn from 500-800 calories.

At the end of the day, weight loss is calories in and calories out. But muscle mass and keeping your metabolism healthy is definitely key to getting into the shape (literally) that you’d like.
Appreciate 0