10-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I have a wide range of ties. I'm firmly in the "if you like it, buy it" camp. I have about half that are $180-$220 and another half that are <$70. The two ties that I get the most compliments on are a checkered Charvet ($210) and a navy with white polkadots which was free from Charles Tyrwhitt. This proves that you don't have to spend a ton of money to dress very nicely.

Same with my suits - I get most of them at the Theory outlet. Great fit, comfortable materials, complimented regularly.

Funny story. When I first started working at my firm, I was talking to our chief council and he said "hey, that's a really nice tie!". I said "thanks, I got it for $7". He looked like he was going to throw up in his mouth. He was one of those "it's $200 or it's garbage" types.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0