bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Then why did the previous Canadian poster have to wait 4 months for an MRI/surgery on his shoulder?

I worked with a Canadian who had a lump on his testicle. Took him 6 months to see a urologist. He never got there; it was testicular cancer (which is very aggressive) and he died waiting.

Have a great day.
You're picking one example and basing your opinion on that and assume that everyone has long waits for emergency procedures in Canada which simply is not true. Here are some points that you need to consider.

1- Canada and US healthcare systems aren't similar. One is universal the other insurance based.
2- Canadian medical devices are as equal if not better than the ones from the US. Our physicians are as good as the ones in your country and not all our devices are imported from your, get over yourself.
3- ask any Canadian if they'd prefer to changer their universal healthcare system with yours. I bet you'd get. 95% resounding NO.
4- there's no healthcare controversy in Canada, we're content with the system and know we have to pay high taxes to support it and we will.
5- no one in Canada is denied healthcare whether they're poor or rich. In the US, 30 million people don't have health insurance because they simply can't afford it.
6- insurance and drug companies lobby your government for laws that benefit them. Not in Canada.
7- prescription drugs are much cheaper in Canada than the US.

I really didn't want to turn this into comparing Canada vs US healthcare system but you insisted.

As I said before, I don't want to continue this discussion. If you're happy with the way things are going in your country as far as healthcare goes then may the force be with you. We're content with our premitive healthcare system and let us be.

Thank you and have a good day.
#2 - you missed the point - Canadians get meds and devices at cost, because the US pays for their development.

#5 - no one in the US is denied life-saving treatment based upon ability to pay. The 30M that can't afford insurance are covered by Medicaid and other government programs. The only ones who aren't are illegal immigrants- and they get free healthcare at emergency rooms and some clinics.

#6 - the lobbyists in the US directly benefit Canadians as well.

#7 - your drugs are cheaper because the cost to develop them is padded into the US drug prices. By Canadian law, drug prices are limited to the cost of manufacturing, plus a small, regulated profit margin.

You really don't get this....