View Single Post
      08-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #59
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati0n View Post
I love the GTI idea for everything mentioned above but reliability, no GTI owner I know of personally has had a problem-free GTI. It's still a German car, it's more expensive, more maintenance, less reliable (especially being a turbocharged engine), and overall probably not your best bet.

If you want something that's an appliance car, that will get you from point A to point B reliably no matter how much or how little maintenance you want to put into it, go Japanese. They're meant for that kind of thing.

Now which one you get will dictate how much of a weenie you will look like pulling up places, Civic Si isn't a bad choice, Accord is a nice option, FRS/BRZ is as well though less practical but tons of fun. Camry isn't a bad choice either.
. I want one as a dd, but seriously disappointed it's made in Mexico for 31k. Buy an Accord and there will be nothing to complain about. 10 yrs later the only gripe will be how ugly and boring the car has been and how you didn't get to spend any time at the dealership in the service dept.
Appreciate 0