View Single Post
      02-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #59
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Two points I'd like to make:

1) The phoning ahead thing. I work in retail, selling medium to high-end audio equipment. We have the shop floor and three separate demonstration rooms. We always recommend that people wishing to sit down and have a proper discussion and maybe a demonstration always phone ahead. It just makes sense. I don't see why it would be different in auto sales. People don't seem to mind either, it means we can help them quicker and more efficiently - and what customer doesn't want that.

2) I have to 'give a shout out' to both my local dealers here in the UK. Wollaston BMW Northampton and, Damon Hill BMW Warwick -- although the latter has changed hands a few times and I believe is now Rybrook.

Both very friendly dealers, very much on the ball and I was massively impressed that upon enquiring about new wings for my E24 the chap already knew who I was! My car had come up in conversation with a local body shop I use, the bodyshop had mentioned my car and the chap from BMW had noted down my details. I turned up to order some wings, didn't mention who I was but he knew! That counts for a lot in my opinion.
Appreciate 0