View Single Post
      02-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #54
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Make an appointment and order a car. It is how it works.

Car sales personell have other things to do, then just sit around waiting for you to maybe show up. I was in car sales, and in the car industry for 4 years.

A RESPECTFUL buyer, will not just call ahead, but arrange a good time.

For instance, my sales person for my car had a busy schedule, they were also the top sales pesron for a reason, and she (yes it was a lady) jumped through hoops.

Out of respect, we would NEGOTIATE, not just make an appointment depending on when I could meet up and her schedule cause she had other clients too.

Sales people dont just sell cars... they also deliver the car, another lengthy time consuming process. <--- that legnth of time is long cause of the customer, asking 990 questions. The process is actually simple, in which I signed for my car in about 6 minutes and was out the door. But to anyone in the industry you know exactly what I mean when you get one of those customers that is there for half a day.

No im not in the industry anymore, half of the reason is pay, and hours, the other is idiot people you meet along the way.

Last but not least, sales people do have a day off and sometimes half a day, despite their 60+ hour week. Have some respect.

She didnt get it easy either, it took me nearly 7 months to decide on buying my car. I also went in there test driving 135's, and ended up buying a 335 without even test driving it. (thats how ugly the 1 is in comparison LOL ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I guess the cars on the lot are just for decoration.
No they are for people willing to sacrifice. My dealer didnt even have any MT 335 so I ordered. They also took off $3 grand for ordering to so that whole "ordering" cost more bit is out the window right there incase anyone wants to come back with that.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 02-12-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0