View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #52
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender rodriguez View Post
Yet Americans have so much respect for CEO's and other higher up people who parents were rich. They were ushered into the good life either through large inheritance, a family business or at the very least an Elite education that gives them connections that a poor person could never afford.

But good for them they worked hard and got somewhere.
If you had the opportunity to make your child as successful as possible, which we all want, wouldn't you want to give them the opportunity to be successful as well?

If you could afford to live in a safer neighborhood, would you live in a bad one anyway?
If you could pay for private school, would you send them to public school anyway?
If you could pay for college, would you tell them to get a loan anyway?

I fully intend on taking my own success and making sure my future children have a college education through personal investment. This does not mean paying for everything for them, or buying them the nicest BMW, or buying them nice clothes. I would still expect them to get a job and learn the value of a dollar. I would let them drive the family car, and if they want their own, they can earn it. If they want to get a loan for a car, I'd be glad to teach them how that works.

Everything that they do with the opportunity provided to them is up to them, and if they blow it, well, they blow it, and quite honestly I will expect them to repay the failed investment should they drop out due to laziness.

One can only go so far into teaching children the value of hard work and taking advantage of opportunities. We can try our best to steer them in the right direction, but in the end, the decision us ultimately up to them with what they do with what they have at hand. It's important for them to actively see what they've been given.

But I'm only 24, never had kids. So honestly, I could be spouting everything wrong. I don't pretend to know the first thing about parenting, just what I would personally do.

Last edited by Welcome to NBA Jam; 11-06-2014 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 0