View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #92
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
I have a GF (been together three years, living together 2.5 of those 3). I made it clear from the very start IDGAF what she thinks about what I drive, my spending habits toward it, and NEVER will. She was cool with it then and cool with it now. We divide our finances...she pays for her shit, I pay for mine, and those things we share are split in half. Her credit sucks, so I put mine down for her to get her used 2008 Jeep Liberty that gets her from A to B and does the grocery\hardware store runs. It's my credit, but her money pays the payments. She likes it well enough.

I thank God everyday I am NOT with a "car girl". I have no desire to have THAT much in common with a "significant other"...there would be money fights. I am POSITIVE of that. I love the fact that I don't have to "ask permission" to do shit. I get sick of the car I have, want a new one, and have the money? I go fucking buy it (as I did with the BMW I have now). The conversation concerning the purchase went like this: "I am going to Houston with my buddy and coming back in a 135i." (I had showed her pics of it previously while shopping). Her response was "Ok, baby, you and your buddy have fun for the weekend."
That's how relationships should be. I too have no desire to be with a girl that likes cars/engineering or art. (those are what i'm into) If she is, that's fine. If not, that's fine too.