11-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #417
DocMick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I'm all but certain what I'm about to write won't appeal to you, but I'm going to write it and hope that you understand I respect your right to hold the views you do, even though I don't share them.

What went through mind upon seeing the blue text so soon after having read the red text, is saying, "Hey, nice [whatever]" when you really don't think it's nice at all is just as much a lie as putting, say, Rolex's name on a watch that Rolex didn't actually make. The only difference in my mind is the fake watchmaker is lying about a thing whereas you are misrepresenting your feelings.

I know that when asked, that watchmaker won't claim that Rolex made the watch, but your having said "nice watch" to another person about a watch you don't think is nice at all tells me you might squarely lie to someone else -- or to yourself if "nice watch" is what you are thinking in your own mind even as you take exception with various attributes of the watch in question -- and do so right to their face. I think we both know what that says.

If you don't like the watch, why not just keep mum. If you honestly believe it to be real and don't have doubts about ti due to the milky crystal or whatever, why not just keep mum and talk about something else? That's certainly what I'd do for I have no need to compliment a watch I don't care for, but I also don't need to tell that person that I know their watch is a fake and everything else I might think about their having bought it. What good would that do either the other person or me? None.

All the best.
You called me a liar as a retort to how I see fakes and their wearers. That statement is so ironic, it wears skinny jeans and a beard. Perhaps I should have expanded my comment to convey the exact thought, so as to be understood by people who write with many words and paragraphs and things.

If I met someone and spotted a Swiss watch, my first though would be to assume it's a gen and throw out the "nice Tag" or whatever but after we shook hands, I'd get a closer glance at said watch. If I have to now, after some reflection on the qualities of the watch... heretofore assumed to be genuine Swiss watch, reconsider said genuineness, it would cause me to cast doubtful thoughts on the character of the person I just met. And perhaps reconsider doing any transactions that involve any sums of money, property, commitment, or other obligations.

Because F that fake ass and his fakery. Naw mean?
Appreciate 0