11N55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Just got mine 3 weeks ago but chose 18's for obvious reasons living in the N.East (Horrible road conditions) 18's ride better too with more cushion and don't forget RFT's ride hard. Love the look of the 19's and seeing you live in FLA. these issues really shouldn't matter and yeah heard the same are the 19's forged or not and the answer is...They are not and if they were they would be more than a 1k upgrade. Good luck with the "Is" Awesome car,What color??? By the way if they were forged I would have em.
Thanks, I am going to stick with the 18's. I am getting Mineral White with Coral Red Interior. Do you have any photos of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
19s will look better - I'm pretty sure both sets are cast, not forged. I'm running 19s in horrible NOVA, without any issue. I keep my 18" set for winters. I'd go 19s if I were you...
I would go with 19's if the tire selection was bigger, I looked on Tirerack and the 18s have 4 times the selection and pricing is a lot better! I know the 19's will look better but they will be heavier, rougher ride and they will hinder the performance a little.