02-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #12
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I met this girl in 2006 through a good friend of mine. I'm still friends with her (somewhat close) all we do is catch up once or twice a month over dinner. I was on my way to my favorite local restaurant last night. She texted me on the way there, and we both agreed to meet there within 20 minutes. I get there first and put our names in, after waiting 25 minutes for her. She texts me saying she's not coming, because she ran into an old family friend at a restaurant in her apartment building. I really never thought she'd burn me like that because we've been "loyal" friends for quite sometime. I told her how I felt and moved on with my night. My question to you all is... Should I keep in contact with her or move on? She said sorry a couple times, but lets face it I got burned. Am I over reacting?
This is code for, I had to meet up with a guy I am currently or was formerly banging.

Also what does "loyal friends" mean? You described it as a casual, once/twice a month dinner /every so often thing. If you had an opportunity to "be" with another girl that same night, wouldn't you have cancelled on here

If you are just friends why are you bent out of shape over it? Why would you feel the need to "move on" if only friends? You seem to have feelings for her, but IMO since you have been friends this long you are most likely to remain permanently in the friend zone.

From how you sound you want more and maybe she doesn't?..So yes move on or keep it casual. No need to go out of your way to be a dick to her but also no need to keep chasing her like a puppy. Just be cool and distant. Girls seem to like that in a guy for some reason.
Appreciate 0