View Single Post
      02-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Yes. you are.

Look, people are fickle beings. You build your expectations around them as individuals. Some of my friends are rock solid, some are flaky. When i have plans with flaky friends i expect them to bail and will be pissed about it because it happens all the time. Inherently, i'm not as close to them as some other friends. When i have plans with my solid friends, i don't expect them to bail. Yet if they do, i know it's for a good reason.

Figure out where she is as a friend and build your expectations accordingly. She bailed on a catch up dinner with someone she sees twice a month. Maybe your friendship with her means more to you than it does to her, maybe you want more than friendship. Either way, bringing this to the forum for opinions, to me, means you are overreacting.

Look at what you enjoy about your friends rather than their faults. Makes them more enjoyable.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 02-23-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0