View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 10:30 PM   #4
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchcf View Post
Thanks for ur response, I forgot to mention that i am planning on getting a better turbo in the future so i am building it with that in mind and i’m fine with spending a few extra bucks to ensure the health of the engine and reliability since this will be my daily.

About the cold air intake, What do you mean by counter productive? if that’s the case i won’t get it. I was under the impression that it’s better for the health of the car but i already knew it is not very helpful and is more for the sound

Spark plugs and coils, I will wait until i upgrade my turbo for these then.

Thanks for letting me know that dp wasn’t for the e9x i didn’t even realize, is this one good?

Chargepipe, yessir

Intercooler, yes i was planning on that since i live in south florida it is both very humid and hot. should of said 7.5” in the first post

tranny tune, I will 100% do this. Is this with mhd or a separate purchase?

thanks for ur input and i’m going to update my post with ur suggestions
Most of the upgraded air intakes are open to the enginr bay meaning they intake hot air and heat soak much faster than the stock closed air system which funnels fresh air directly from the grills. They might provide a bit more airflow and might be worth it when going for upgraded turbos and pushing to more serious power ranges, but anyways the compressor inlet is the true bottleneck beforehand. This being said, if you want to upgrade the cold air intake, try to find a closed box solution, like the stock design.

The DP you linked is the right one for the E9X N55s! It does come with the exhaust side gaskets and hardware but you would have to add the turbine side gasket as well as a V-Band clamp since the ones on the car will probably be toast.

For the transmission tune, it's made by RBT Tuning. It's essentially very similar to the way MHD works (in terms of the app, flashing and functionality) but for the TCU rather than the ECU. I feel like their products are more well mainted and have better customer services which is pretty nice. They have very good products. xHP transmission tune is very popular and defenetly something you should look into. Also, if you happen to have an xDrive, which I doubt since you are in Florida, they also have an app called xDelete which lets you turn xDrive on and off and customize it's power delivery as you wish!
mchcf0.00