View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Is there a reason people still use paypal, or do deals with relatively unknown people over internet forums instead of selling it locally/in person, or with someone you actually know beyond the initial contact for the trade/sale?

I've been on Audi, Porsche, and BMW forums and I see this happen so often (at least 2 threads a month) where PayPal ends up having to be the arbiter in a dispute like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I was thinking the same, especially for a part like a bumper which is difficult to pack properly, easily damaged and expensive to ship. I would rather go to Craigslist.
honestly because 1. I am idiot 2. I have a soft heart. I did have a local buyer infact I had 2, but the guy who I was selling to told me this story about how he got into an accident and really really needed the bumper and I got soft hearted and not only gave up on 2 local sales but was willing to ship it to him, now this happens. I want to say lesson learned and move on but honestly I just feel really stupid now

on a side note, mediaartist you ready for round 1? this is going to be a fun series

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Is the guy with the Lexus SUV reading this? You have another job waiting for you...

lol not sure I catch this reference, is this from the m3 brakes thread?
Appreciate 0