10-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #18
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Lambo would have different tires than your rally car.

Anyways, from accounts on the forum ti was a young guy who floored it (not surprising)

He got the wheels aligned on a lambo at a porsche dealership in Quebec.

Go to a province that doesn't have that many high end cars (compare dto Cali, NY, Toronto, Texas, Vancity)...even a Porsche dealership will want to flex the lambo out, they are rare in Quebec.

It crashed....the owner got shafted. He's classy guy, not swearing and what no on the forum. But still got shafted.
It is not a rally car. I compete on tarmac. The tyres I use are RE55s semi slicks. It is not a special rally tyre. Compare that with the grooves of what the Lambo is using, I am not getting any more grip than a lambo in the rain.

Hence I don't quite understand how the driver managed to lose control of an AWD car at a traffic junction.

HP is not to be blamed here. It is a Customer's Car (take care), it is Raining (drive slow), it is a traffic junction (drive slow with caution).

Its tragic that this sort of thing befalls on owners who has absolutely nothing to do with the crash and yet on the losing end when it comes to insurance.

I'm not one that likes to sue but I'm afraid this sort of injustice may possibly get some sympathy from court.

I apologise if I sound angry but this sort of thing could happen to any of us.
Appreciate 0