View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #66
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
^ Come on man- it's been like 3 weeks so just let it go. I think what happened to NE's Wes Welker pretty much showed that Indy made the right call. Can you imagine that happening to Dallas Clark, Reggie or Peyton? People would be even more pissed then. I, along with like 70-80% of the people think that they made the right call. I mean why risk injuries when you don't have to.

PS- and like Bill Polian said- it was made clear that 16-0 was NOT their goal. So I really, really, really don't get why so many people were pissed off that they didn't go for it. I mean it's not like they said they were going to strive for history and then just gave up.
That's not the point, they lost any momentum they had going. Feeling undefeated, striving for a perfect season, etc.....now that is gone. Yes, there was nothing to gain from the last two games, but that's not the point.

They threw in the towel....

Tell that to the fans that went Jets game. And I almost flew up for that game, glad I didn't. I'm probably the biggest Colt's fan you'll ever meet, and I guarantee you I'm not in the minority here.