01-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #70
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
I was talking about Jews in Germany. During WW2, the Jews in Israel (which wasn't called Israel at that time) were not trucked off to concentration camps in the same huge numbers that the Jews in Germany were. The fact remains the Jews in Germany are not as heavily armed today, and dont seem to be trying hard to correct that. You'd think they'd have a reason to...
You simply aren't well read on the history of Jewish immigration from Europe into Palestine.

There was a mass migration of Jews from Europe to Palestine after Hitler took over Germany. The Jewish population in Palestine increased from 175,000 in 1931 to 800,000+ after World War II, the bulk of these Jews being "German Jews" you are trying to paint as "anti-gun", which is a claim based on a false premise. These Jews know the value of being armed against a tyrannical dictatorship, and have no love for Hitler. They own guns, and know their value.

Those that stayed in Germany died.

Quote:
What they DO care about is their own life. If you believe the risk of government tyranny is universal, then they are under the same risk as you, and yet they sure dont act like it, despite more recent examples which might leave them understandably more concerned about it.

There are some possible explanations for this: either they know something you dont, or they foolhardy. I've thought about the first possibility, just wondering if you had. Seemed like a fair question to ask.
I won't call someone from a foreign country fool hardy just because they don't believe in the 2nd Amendment. Cultures just tend to be different, and that depends on a variety of factors. How a country was formed; through revolution, or through thousands of years of monarch rule? Factors like that.

Your question is too simple in its premise for what you're trying to answer.
Appreciate 0