02-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #119
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I watched Magic and Bird beat each other up in the 80's.....

I watched the first Dream Team dominate every single country in the world....

I watched my Rockets win back to back NBA championships in the early 90's...

I watched all of MJ's 6 rings.....

I've watched two of the most dominating players at their position win rings (Shaq and Kobe)...

I've watched the Spurs become the classiest and winingest NBA team in the last decade.....

and now, I'm watching Bron trying to cement his legacy as being one of the most dominant, explosive and physically gifted players to ever come into the NBA.....
Dude, Lebron is good, MAYBE the best in the league right now (I think Kevin Durant is right up there). But he's playing in a softy league compared to MJ and Larry Bird.

You can say "he would run over Karl Malone, Hakeem, Larry Nance, Mutombo, etc" all you want, but the fact is Lebron doesn't even run over guys like Nene who maybe weighs 250?

Look at Lebron sprawled on the ground. You think Nene is a better defender than Mutombo, Hakeem, and all the ridiculously gritty, hard nosed defenders that made the 90s one of the lowest scoring leagues in the history of the NBA? So much so that Stern tried lowering the 3 point limit to 22 feet to get higher scores out of the teams in the league? Those guys would be all over Flopper King before he even got 15 feet from the rim, and he would be taking hard, contested shots, all day just like MJ and Bird had to do when they were in their primes.

GTFO here with that.
Appreciate 0