01-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #73
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
That is your interpretation of what I said. I am not talking about a race car for the track with the seats ripped out and support beams in back. I am talking about a road-ready speed and performance focused car that of uncompromised design. You are couching this standard with your "not heavily compromising" language.

A convertible is a compromise. I'm sorry to break that to you.

Ok. I'll ignore the delusional comment and highlight your point regarding the Corvette. This may be the best litmus test to illustrate my point.

Let's break this down:

1) The Corvette is a sports car.
2) The Corvette convertible is a lesser version of the Corvette in terms of rigidity, balance and weight. Its first priority is not to performance, but to let the wind blow through your hair. A nice benefit when touring.

1) There is no Z4 hardtop offering presently, and thus a vacuum in the BMW line.
2) The convertible Z4 is a lesser version of that vacuum.

It is the vacuum I take issue with... not the merits of the very nice Z4 convertible.

Are you comprendo-ing me now?
You do realize that the 1M is really a .5M right? That comment about being able to rip anyone a new orafice with your 1 series body kit was way over zealous. Especially for a gentlemen such as yourself on Zpost for that matter....and aside from trying to win an argument with the whole away team factor, your Turbo can fit in side O-cha's. that being said, you should politely excuse yourself from a thread that involves M cars if you plan on anymore further denouncement from your side.
Appreciate 0