09-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #67
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I'm sure Vettel still has .7 in the bag easily...or even faster if he had to....

C'mon Massa, get over with...its just racing....shit happens...and he just blames everything happens to him now on him, as if Hamilton ruined his "race victory"....
Well, given that Hamilton crashed into him at Monaco, nearly took him out in quali in Singapore, and then punctured his tire at Singapore, you can't blame Massa for getting a bit upset. If the roles were reversed, hamilton would have been on the radio in the race complaining about 'Massa crashing into' him. Let's also not forget that Massa is under huge pressure this season - he has failed to perform anywhere near the level of Alonso, and he probably realizes that after 2012 his seat could easily be replaced by someone like Perez or Kubica.

So I ended up watching after all, and I thought the first half was more entertaining than I expected. DRS did a great job of getting people into position to overtake, although it might have been a touch too strong for my liking. Hamilton appears to be turning into "crash kid" yet again, although he drove very well to recover to 5th. Alonso appears to start great and then be stuck on a treadmill as everyone catapults past him during the race - as a Ferrari fan, it's worrisome, and hopefully Ferrari can get out of this rut next season. Vettel was more or less faultless, although I imagine his heart probably skipped a few beats when that Lotus almost took him out in the pit lane. Congrats to him, there is no doubt in my mind that he deserves this championship - he has the strongest car by far, but he has taken 100% advantage of the situation, and has been as close to perfection as is possible.

All in all, not a terrible race for a street circuit (infinitely better than Valencia) , but largely predictable thanks to the huge gap between each constructor. Now we go to Japan and Korea, where Red Bull traditionally dominate.

Last edited by Echo M3; 09-26-2011 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0