View Single Post
      02-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #334
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Holy shit! Did you guys see the 100 vehicle wreck on I-35 in Ft Worth due to ice? 8 people dead so far, people still stuck in cars. The pictures and videos are chilling. May they rest in peace. What a terrible way to go.

Attachment 2526511
I just saw this (although happened a little while ago) - terrible! And the design of that road didn't leave a whole lot of options to go to either (well, none) to avoid people.

I was involved in a 96 car pileup a few years ago, but the difference was that we at least had a ditch on the one side that most of us were making liberal use of, which is why there were only 3 people hospitalized I believe, and they only had minor injuries too, nothing serious. Just a completely different outcome than above.

But I still remember seeing people hit that ditch at 50-60 km/h and just steering to try to avoid the rest of the cars in the ditch. Meanwhile, I was stuck in the left lane by the median, praying there were no semi's coming up behind me and otherwise, just relaxing waiting to be hit. Which didn't take long...all of a few seconds, and fortunately it was just another SUV and a few cars behind him...no big trucks fortunately. They all got there before me.
Appreciate 0