View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

It really depends. I do love driving, but it can get boring at times. I used to drive to/from Tennessee and Miami four times a year for the past few years, and while I definitely enjoyed some of it, I was bored out of my mind for parts of it. Granted, I was driving alone, so that was part of it. Definitely a positive and memorable experience, though! Aside from that, I do enjoy road trips with friends, and I'd love to take a road trip out to California or up to Newfoundland in the near future.

When it comes down to just pure driving, I can absolutely see how going out for a drive can make you feel better. Back when my ex broke up with me, I just went out and drove the shit out of my Z (350z) around some secluded parts of south Miami (it was late). Really made me feel a lot better and just cleared my head. I'm driving an '02 F-150 at the moment, so it's not exactly "fun" to drive, unless I'm off-road (then it's a blast), so I don't really get that feel anymore. But when I had my 2008 350z (heavily modded, btw), I would run it out to the mountains. Nothing beats those curvy mountain roads! Truly an awesome experience. I absolutely loved driving the Z every single day, so I'm sure I'll be back in that boat when my M4 arrives, haha.
Appreciate 0