CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I have a very high prejudice against lack of professionalism and in my “tail end of the baby boomers” mind tattoos pretty much scream unprofessional. It may not be a popular view to hold these days, but that’s how it is for me.
I don't think tattoos themselves are unprofessional, but if it is something vulgar that is in a place it can't be hidden, that is not a good start to an interview. I'm not saying I wouldn't consider anyone with a neck tattoo that had great skills, it's just on a level playing field with other candidates it would be a disadvantage for them given our workplace environment.

I do have some colleagues with tattoos, but they are either hidden during important professional meetings, or not in obvious places. Usually the candidates who need to show their tramp stamp, neck tattoo, or cleavage tattoo during an interview have other reasons why they are disqualified.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0